Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning!


First of all.... I am NOT a morning person - at all. If I can avoid seeing a sunrise that is good with me. Until now - the views from our back porch are amazing . This was today at about 7 am - thank you TIME CHANGE - I would have never seen this last week at 6 am!

Why have I never noticed before how beautiful a sunrise is? I love sunsets - have tons of pictures of those from our front porch - but this is my first sunrise picture EVER.

It took another blogger to turn me on to what was just out my back door. My new obsession is http://www.thepioneerwoman.com . The most amazing blog/website I have ever seen. I am not going to admit how many hours I have lost reading and looking at her pictures , recipes and stories. wow . She is responsible for my new love of this country life we live, easy home cooking and sunrises. Thank you Pioneer Woman!

Here are our country kids ( well 2 of the 5 anyway and my one big kid ) enjoying our country
life!

Who knew goats made such awesome loving pets for kids? Now I would suggest every kid should have one ( or two or thirty ... we seem to be growing our population rather quickly around here! )

This is our horse Bay Mare - she is the best kids horse around ( ie - mom doesnt worry too much about the kids getting bucked off while on Bay )


And this is Tequila - our 3 year old mare. She just came back home from being "broke" - and now the training gets started ( unfortunately none of us have actually trained a horse here so we are winging it ) Lance was a bit tentative about getting on her the first time.... I dont think that is the way you are suppose to ride a horse honey?


That looks better! So far so good - no butt hitting the ground during this round of trainin'

No comments: